The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
House Officer (Community)
Job SummaryThe House Officer is responsible for diagnosing and administering general medical treatment to patients in a hospital or through extension services at a clinic, school or clinic mobile or other designated place.
Work involves the examination of patients, diagnosing, advising and carrying out necessary treatment in the investigation, eradication, prevention and control of diseases, or referring complicated cases for further professional attention. He/She performs under the general supervision of a professional superior who is available for consultation and is reviewed through observation, consultation and analysis of findings and reports.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a MBBS from a recognized institution.
- At least two years’ experience in a Hospital setting.
- Full registration as a medical practitioner by the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Accident & Emergency experience in a Hospital setting will be an asset.
- Any equivalent education and & experience.