The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Human Resource Manager
Job SummaryThe incumbent is expected to lead the HR department by co-coordinating and monitoring the implementation of approved Human Resources Management Systems, Policies and Procedures to facilitate the achievement of the company’s corporate objectives.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles all disciplinary and grievance matters, ensuring that such matters are conducted in accordance with Company policy and good Human Resource and Industrial Relations practices. Prepares all relevant reports outlining the necessary recommendations for approval as necessary.
- Responsible for recruitment, performance evaluation, staff development, employee relations, compensation and benefits.
- Interprets approved Human Resources Policies and Procedures and provide technical advice to Department Heads on their application or implementation.
- Administers the application of the Company’s Compensation, Benefits and services to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and that employees receive them within the stipulated policy guidelines and time frames.
- Strengthens the HR function and provide support to line managers on business decisions from an HR perspective and in the interest of improving efficiency and maximizing effectiveness of the organisation.
- Devises the strategic direction of all human resources principles in line with corporate objectives.
- Drives leadership development, talent management and succession planning across the organisations to ensure all HR initiatives are aligned with business objectives and corporate goals.
- Assists in the execution of periodic Human Resources Audits to ensure compliance consistency of application of Human Resources Policies and Procedures by Department Heads.
- Prepares operational, informational and statistical Human Resources reports, as required.
- Effectively develops and maintains the Human Resources Information System.
- Provides research and direction in the establishment of appropriate policies and procedures in all aspects of Human Resources Management.
- Performs other related duties as may be required from time to time.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to solve problems creatively and resourcefully.
- A high level of integrity and initiative.
- Strong leadership skills with exceptional communication skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree in Social Sciences, Management or Business Management.
- Post-graduate qualifications in Human Resource Management/Business shall be considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in an HR generalist role, at least 3 of which should be at a senior/ supervisory level.
- Knowledge of Industrial Relations and Labour Laws, as evidenced by certification.