The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Human Resource Officer
Job SummaryThe Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Human Resource Officer.
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is the inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance between countries and dependencies in the Eastern Caribbean.
The Organisation came into being on 18 June, 1981, when seven Eastern Caribbean countries signed a treaty agreeing to cooperate with each other and promote unity and solidarity among the Members. The Treaty became known as the Treaty of Basseterre, so named in honor of the capital city of St. Kitts and Nevis where it was signed.
The Human Resource officer is expected to support the Head of Human Resource (HR) in the design and implementation of key HR programmes and initiatives across the OECS Commission. A credible, proven HR professional capable of driving HR transformation programmes.
- Develop and drive a hiring plan to support organisation recruitment needs in line with internal hiring metrics.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop competent job descriptions, shortlist candidates and conduct competency based interviews at all levels.
- Create and communicate job offers including remuneration package in line with organisation policy and budget.
- Partner with business leaders to implement a robust internship programme.
- Own and drive the organisations on-boarding process to meet internal employee satisfaction metric.
Talent and Organisation Development
- Supports HR Leader to execute on HR programmes such as Organisation Design, Performance Management, Employee Policies and Procedures, Employee Development and other major change management initiatives.
- Coach and mentor staff at all levels of the Organisation to support employee development and engagement.
- Design and deliver HR training on key HR topics.
- Guide and support managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management, employee relations, hiring, succession planning and promotions).
- Participates in the design roll out of key HR projects.
- Provides consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation/ execution of core HR programs.
- Able to create and deliver employee training in line with HR strategy.
- Design and interpret employee policies.
- Manages, tracks and reports progress on HR issue resolution.
- Manages employee issues to successful resolution.
- Maintain all staff records in a confidential manner.
Compensation & Benefits
- Support in the design and administration of the Organisation’s Compensation and Benefits programme.
- Drives with Purpose and Vision
- Creates an Environment of Trust
- Builds Effective Teams
- Ensure Accountability
- Demonstrates Decision Quality
- Communicates Effectively
- Analysis and Reporting
- Conflict Resolution
- Technical Expert
- Project Management
- Strategic Intelligence
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A professional certification in Human Resource Management from a recognised professional body (CIPD/SHRM) or First Degree in HR.
- Proven experience in delivering HR programmes from inception to completion.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the HR field (exposure to regional or international experience would be preferred).
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence at a senior level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience dealing with complex employee relation issues.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to work.
The OECS Commission is headquartered in Saint Lucia. The position of Human Resource Officer is open to nationals of OECS Member States.