The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Human Resource Officer (GMG/AM 2)
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority (NERHA), invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Human Resource Officer assigned to the Annotto Bay Hospital.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for providing personnel support at the Annotto Bay Hospital, maintaining personnel systems, and monitoring performance appraisals. The ability to effectively administrate employee benefits in keeping with NERHA’s policy, procedures and disciplinary codes and grievance procedures.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Working knowledge of the Authority’s Human Resource Policies and procedures, and Public Service Staff Orders
- Excellent time management skills and a track record of meeting critical deadlines
- Well developed human relations skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized institution
- A minimum of three years (3) year’s experience in Personnel Administration.
Key Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Providing personnel services to all staff with the Annotto Bay Hospital, and ensuring the smooth functioning of the day to day activities within the department.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate update of staff database, ensuring that back-ups are carried at specified intervals, to include active and separation staff list
- Assisting with the maintenance of records and compilation of statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Maintaining staff information to include seniority, increments, appointments.
- Co-ordinates and participate in interviews conducted at the Facility
- Monitoring, verifying and reporting on leave applications originating at all units in the hospital.
- Preparing retirement documents to include the monitoring of staff retirement benefits.
- Maintaining register of persons who require annual/biennial registration
- Ensuring that all Industrial Relations and Staff Welfare issues are handled in accordance with Standing Operating Procedures.