Under the general direction of the Director, Organizational Development and Performance Management (OD&PM), the Human Resource Officer, OD&PM is responsible for assisting with the management of activities to achieve the goals and objectives of the OD&PM functions within the Ministry, as well as executing related administrative functions. In particular, the officer’s main focus is to assist with the functions related to Performance Management and Monitoring.
- Participates in the Corporate and Operational Planning activities by assisting with the preparation of the Unit’s (OD&PM) and the Division’s Operational Plan and Budget;
- Assists with the preparation of activity/performance reports as requested;
- Ensures that records are kept up-to-date and are easily retrieved;
- Provides advice to managers and staff on the resolution of OD&PM matters;
- Advises on the interpretation of performance management guidelines;
- Provides administrative support in respect of all OD&PM matters.
- Assists with the collection of job related data through interviews, questionnaires, observations and the examination of records to validate findings;
- Assists with the development and maintenance of organizational charts and output focused job descriptions in collaboration with other Human Resource (HR) colleagues, managers and employees;
- Participates in conducting organizational needs assessments to determine organizational readiness for change;
- Assists with the review and maintenance of customer service initiatives which have already been implemented throughout the Ministry.
- Ensures that the Performance Management and Appraisal System (PMAS) notifications (notices, reminders etc.) are prepared and issued in a timely manner;
- Participates in the development of Work Plans for the implementation of and oversight of the PMAS and its operation for each financial year;
- Participates in developing in collaboration with other Human Resource (HR) colleagues and the Employee Performance Management Appraisal Team (EPMAT), plans for the development of the PMAS;
- Assists in conducting PMAS sensitization sessions within the MSET and its Agencies in collaboration with other HR colleagues;
- Assists in developing and executing PMAS related change management initiatives in collaboration with other HR colleagues, the EPMAT, managers and supervisors;
- Assists in conducting Work Plan sensitization and training sessions as necessary;
- Assists with the review of samples of Unit Work Plans and Individual Work Plans to ensure quality of content (alignment and completeness in specification);
- Maintains current register of employees, their appraising managers and reviewing managers;
- Recommends and contributes to the development of mechanisms to track the completion of performance appraisals on an annual basis for all relevant staff members;
- Assists with monitoring the implementation of staff development plans as an important aspect of performance management;
- Ensures that Performance Appraisal records are properly maintained;
- Checks staff eligibility for increments/awards and notifies the relevant HR Officers and provides information for the Managers to transmit to Payroll;
- Prepares/compiles confidential summary PMAS report on appraisal results for the Director, Organizational Development and Performance Management, and identifies authorized users;
- Provides input and prepares/compiles special PMAS related reports as required;
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer and quality focus
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving, decision making, planning, analytical and organizing skills.
- Goal/result oriented
- Good knowledge of Human Resource Management techniques and practices
- Good knowledge of the Public Service Regulation, Staff Orders, Labour Laws and practices
- Comprehensive and sound knowledge of the Performance Management and Appraisal System as established in the guidelines issues by the Office of the Cabinet
- Knowledge of job analysis, Performance Management and Appraisal processes and methods including writing job descriptions and work plans
- Knowledge of research and data analysis techniques
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and conviction of purpose in unfavourable or unpopular situations
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Associate of Science Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management Studies, Human Resource Management or related field from a recognized tertiary institution;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Human Resource Management, preferably in the Public Sector, in an organization of similar size and complexity;
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with PMAS;
- Training in the operation of the GoJ Guidelines for the Performance Management and Appraisal System.
Salary range $1,010,480 - $1,201,144 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.