The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Human Resources Manager
Job SummaryResponsible for developing the human capital necessary to support the achievement of the financial, compliance and strategic goals of the company
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for developing the human capital necessary to support the achievement of the financial, compliance and strategic goals of the company and also the capacity of Giftland’s Human Resources and establish HR programs that will facilitate the achievement of the organization’s objectives, positively contributing to the long term success of the company.
The position shall cover the following areas:
The Human Resources Manager partners with the Store Manager, studying market trends and develops short and long term plans for driving employee engagement and retention in the store. The HRM models effective communication and leadership in the company, while consistently applying Giftland’s policies, management practices and legal requirements.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Manage the execution of Human Resource initiatives and processes within facilities, including retention, workforce planning, training, compliance, safety, employee relations and employee communications.
- Provide coaching and counseling to Managers regarding performance management, employee development, conflict resolution, organizational structure and leadership or management style.
- Validate compliance with all legal requirements and government reporting regulations related to the employment of associates.
- Partner with the recruitment team, where necessary, to facilitate the acquiring of talent and diversity; monitor staffing activity, including assessing the quality of the talent pool and the effectiveness of the recruitment selection process.
- Facilitate HR process and recommend process improvement where appropriate
- Review or analyze weekly and monthly HR statistics and identify potential concerns and address issues with the Directors.
- Manage HR programs or projects on deadline and within budget as applicable.
- Diagnose specific HR needs to fit to the organization’s balance score card
- Design and implement HR programs such as job analysis, recruitment and selection; training and development (and succession planning) ; performance management, retention and exit services;
- Review benefits and retirement plans and design compensation packages based on compensable factors as approved by management.
- Review existing job design and advise management for the redesign jobs in order to maximize potentials;
- Review personnel files and advise top management on strategic HR and ensure sustainability through involvement of top managers and employees;
- Diagnose specific capabilities for creation of value and design appropriate training programs
- Support the Organization in developing its 5-year strategy.
- Review each job designation and contractual assignments of employees;
- Review Personnel Policies in line with Vision-Mission of the Organization and in accordance with Guyana’s laws
- Review possibility of establishing a Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Counsel employees on their personal and career development as desired by the employees.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or Organization Development
Experience: Minimum five (5) year similar experience at an established Organization.
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Effective project and process management skills; able to effectively manage and/or administer a project from start to finish
- Ability to quickly establish productive and credible working relationships
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong commitment to customer service principles
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted.