The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Human Resources Manager
Job SummaryPrincess Cruises has excellent shipboard opportunities for Human Resources Managers with experience in providing dynamic Human Resources-related support in high volume or multicultural environments.
Be the Consummate Host by effectively promoting and administrating shipboard HR policies and programs and liaising with all departments to create an optimal work environment that supports management and crew in line with the Company’s Core Values and brand strategy.
You will have the opportunity to travel the world, while managing the HR function for shipboard personnel under the assistance and guidance of our shoreside Human Resources team. We welcome you to consider working with one of the world's premier cruise lines, with 17 ships sailing to hundreds of worldwide destinations.
As one of the leading innovators in the cruise industry, Princess Cruises is seeking dynamic Human Resources professionals to manage the HR function onboard our vessels. Our shipboard Human Resources Managers work in conjunction with the shoreside Employee Relations team to implement and uphold all HR policies and company initiatives. You will have the opportunity to interact with management and officers from each shipboard department to provide guidance with Human Resources-related matters, policies and procedures.
- Efficiently and confidentially manages harassment and discrimination allegations and conducts prompt and thorough investigations as appropriate.
- Organizes and administers the Shipboard Orientation process by facilitating induction training for new hires, and ensuring that all new hires participate in Departmental Orientation.
- Ensures that all appropriate documentation is promptly completed for disciplinary actions, demotions, and company-will disembarkations.
- Analyzes exit interview and new hire assessment data, monitors crew satisfaction, and identifies issues or concerns that may affect crew morale.
- Manages Crew Welfare programs onboard by chairing the shipboard Crew Club Committee, and promptly presents all crew welfare issues and funding proposals to program steering committee (Executive Committee).
- Effectively manages the Service Loyalty Program.
- Provides consultation and coaching to shipboard management for all departmental and individual performance issues, including providing clear and concise guidance with development, delivery, and follow-up of Performance Improvement Plans and appraisal evaluations.
- Oversees the administration of the entire shipboard performance appraisal process, providing support for end users, coaching and training Supervisors and above on how to maximize use of the system.
- Manages the Internal Transfer Program by providing career counseling to crew members and continually coaching onboard management in conducting interviews.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Adult Education or related field (or international equivalent) preferred or five years of experience in shipboard operations, training, or employee relations environment.
- Must have an awareness of employee relations practices and procedures, including excellent investigation and dispute resolution skills
- Knowledge of various international Human Resources standards in the areas of compensation, employee relations, general benefits, employment and staffing practices, and organizational development
- Must be computer literate, with knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience in working in multicultural environment.
- Personal characteristics include: Leadership ability; Self-motivated and self-directed; Strong presentation and public speaking skills; Strong verbal, listening, and excellent written communication skills; Ability to be proactively within his/her department; Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork; Ability to work well under stress; Must possess the highest level of integrity, discretion and judgment and is able to use those skills to effectively build trusting relationships with others; Ability to develop working relationships with operational and personnel teams; Must possess a strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Along with a challenging career and worldwide traveling opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. Human Resources Managers within our shipboard team are afforded officer status, which ensures comfortable, individual accommodations and access to passenger facilities such as restaurants, the fitness center, and luxury pools. You will also receive a complete benefit plan including medical, dental, and vision. Assignments onboard are 4 months in duration - visiting numerous ports of call on a variety of worldwide itineraries. You will have 2 months off in between 4 month contracts.