The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Human Resources Officer (SERP)
Job SummaryThe HR Officer will be responsible for providing co-ordination and support for the SERP programme within an MDA by executing administrative and support tasks as directed.
SPECIAL EARLY RETIREMENT PROGRAMME
As part of the process of pension reform, new Pension Legislation is now before Parliament for approval which will inter alia make provisions for pension contributions to be made by all central government employees and will change the basis on which pensions are calculated. To this end, an early retirement project for Central Government Employees within the age range 50 – 59 is being contemplated. This project is owned by the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service and is being supported by the Public Sector Transformation Programme.
The project will have three main components focused on delivering specific and targeted services over a 12-month timeframe.
SCOPE OF WORK
In order to achieve the stated objectives of the assignment the individual will be required to:
Administrative and office support to the implementation team:
- Prepare files with relevant information for SERP applicants as directed by Director HR in the Ministry, Department or Agency (MDA).
- Review files to ensure that they are completed with all data required for SERP.
- Dispatches and receives files between SERP Unit and the MDA.
- Ensures that all relevant data is uploaded to ECensus
- Track all files during SERP process.
- Liaises with MDA’s that the applicant has previously worked to retrieve documents and information necessary for the processing of pensions and gratuity.
- Assists in ensuring that prospective SERP participants are informed in matters pertaining to their retirement benefits under the SERP
- Prepares documentation for the final computation of Vacation Leave accumulaed by the SERP applicant.
- Any other duties as assigned.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- Level of effort: Full time level of effort (FTE) of nine (9) months
- Duration of contract: The Consultancy will begin in November 2017
- Location: Jamaica
- Type of Consultancy: Individual consultant
- Type of contract: Lump-Sum
The work will be carried out in Jamaica and be housed within the offices a selected Ministry in Kingston Jamaica, as well as administrative support, and any other assistance as may be reasonably required to undertake the duties identified in this TOR.
The Consultant must be able to participate in project activities during business hours, as well as non-business hours on a regular basis as the position demands.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate/Diploma or higher in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Management Studies or other related field.
- Knowledge of HR functions.
- Experience in records and information management.
- Sound knowledge of Government Human Resource policies and procedures.