The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
ICT Technical Officer
Job SummaryThe incumbent is required to provide technical support in the operations and maintenance of the ICT infrastructure of the Ministry/Department under the guidance and direction of a supervisor.
Duties include: installation and support of personal computers and related software; monitoring the operations of the Ministry/Department’s IT and networking infrastructure; assisting with the installation of computer and networking infrastructure; and responding to and addressing IT incident reports and requests for help.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using defined installation instructions and tools; tests and corrects malfunctions, and documents results in accordance with procedure; provides assistance to users in accordance with agreed procedures; and updates related maintenance and configuration records.
- Treats with security breaches of or security attack on IT system/network/personal computer to limit damage in accordance with the Ministry/Department’s security policy; and applies defined security controls to personal computers and related components.
- Monitors and logs the actual ICT services provided to users, compared to that required by service level agreements, and liaises with supervisors in the resolution of any breaches.
- Assists professional staff with the release and deployment of changes and updates to the live IT environment, records activities and results; and assists with early support activities such as providing support advice to users.
- Investigates and acts on minor security breaches with the IT infrastructure, takes defined corrective action, and updates relevant security records and documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Receives and handles service desk and incident management requests for IT and networking infrastructure support following agreed procedures, and maintains relevant records.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature; and contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution for the IT and networking infrastructure of the organisation.
- Assists with the performance of regular backups and restores, and tracks offsite storage, according to agreed operational procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of defined components of IT and networking infrastructure.
- Some knowledge of the principles, tools and techniques required for the management and control of ICT within a government based or business organisation.
- Some knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to install/remove hardware and software.
- Ability to recognise and correct IT security breaches.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to interact positively with members of the public and external stakeholders.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant technical experience.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognized Associate Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those persons, who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the position will be contacted.