The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Industrial Relations Manager
Job SummaryThe incumbent has responsibility to assist in the formulation of policies & programmes and the development of strategic objectives for industrial relations practice in the Corporation and its subsidiaries, to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
The position also has responsibility for guiding Managers in the interpretation of policies and contracts and in the resolution of conflicts and grievances.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioural Sciences
- Training in Dispute Resolution and Negotiating
- A minimum of four (4) years working experience in a senior management position, with responsibility for the administration of human resource and/or industrial relations
- Thorough knowledge of labour related legislation e.g. the Labour Relations & Industrial Disputes Act, Labour Relations Code, Employment (Termination and Redundancy Payment) Act, Holiday with Pay Act, Minimum Wage Act, Maternity Leave Act
- Expert knowledge of collective bargaining principles and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of industrial safety standards and practices
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer applications e.g. Microsoft Suite
Post-graduate training in Industrial Relations would be advantageous
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and human relations skills
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to discern underlying factors in disputes and grievances
- Ability to work in a team environment
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.