The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Industrial Relations Manager
Job SummaryThe Jamaica Urban Transit Company Limited seeks to recruit an Industrial Relations Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Monitoring, evaluating and advising on industrial relations matters within the organization with a view to engendering harmonious relations between management and staff
- Initiating labour/management contract negotiations and administrative agreements as chief spokesperson
- Leading negotiations and arbitrations and chairing subcommittees involving key issues
- Establishing and maintaining positive labor management relations
- Interpreting union management agreements, formulating and changing labour relations policy, and representing management in the settlement of grievances
Education, Training & Experience
- BSc. Degree in a related discipline plus 8 years of Labor Relations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Labor Relations experience includes, but is not limited to: mediation experience, positive personnel practices, contract negotiations and arbitrations, interpret agreements, grievance settlement, contract administration, extensive knowledge of Jamaican Labour Laws including the Labour Laws and the Labour Relations and Industrial Disputes Act (LRIDA).
- Must possess excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and demonstrated effective influencing skills
- Must be results-oriented and have a strong commitment to customer service, outstanding people assessment skills, and demonstrated ability to collaborate and to consult effectively and independently with individuals at various levels including the executive level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously in a fast paced and highly complex work environment
Note: While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.