The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Information Technology Analyst/Programmer
Job SummaryThe incumbent is required to provide general business analysis and programming support services to the Ministry/Department.
Duties include: analysis of the required data to meet the information needs of stakeholders; assisting with the analysis and design of all software applications; providing programming support for the development of software applications; and supporting the maintenance of all software applications; and supervision of Technical and Support Staff as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the development and implementation of software applications of the Ministry of Health, in particular the analysis and development process and the monitoring of projects.
- Investigates operational requirements and problems, and identifies opportunities for improvements in the functions and processes of the Ministry/Department; and assists users in defining acceptance tests.
- Obtains requirements from key stakeholders of the Ministry/Department, and confirms alignment with defined business objectives; and documents and prioritises these requirements in accordance with defined standards and practices.
- Reviews requirements and specification; develops software tests, including test cases and test scripts; and assists with the execution of the complete testing of new or modified information systems, for all areas of the Ministry/Department.
- Assists with the design of information systems of the Ministry/Department, and documents all outputs using defined standards, methods and tools.
- Assists with the development, programming, testing, and correction of the software applications of the Ministry/Department using agreed standards and tools.
- Assists with the implementation of software releases, including stakeholder coordination and activity documentation, for all application software.
- Identifies and resolves issues with software applications, in accordance with agreed procedures and carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Analyses electronic data to support the reporting and operational information needs of the users in the Ministry/Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of software development and maintenance processes.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Some knowledge of the principles,
- ??tools and techniques required for the management and control of ICT within an organisation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to think creatively and to develop and maintain software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to interact positively with members of the public and external stakeholders.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an area of ICT, including at least eighteen (18) months’ experience in the analysis, programming, development and maintenance of software applications.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those persons, who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the position will be contacted.