The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Information Technology Manager
Job SummaryAgro-Investment Corporation is seeking to identify highly motivated, qualified and dynamic individuals to fill the post of Information Technology Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent has the responsibility to integrate Information Technology in the organization so that the goals identified in the strategic plans are achieved. The incumbent is also responsible for developing and implementing Information Technology strategies and solutions within the Corporation.
- Plans and implement upgrades and modifications to existing systems to accommodate changing user needs and technology in a dynamic environment
- Conducts analysis of network/system management, capacity planning, fault tolerance and disaster recovery
- Develops system security/firewall requirements based on industry standards & environment
- Plans and implements systems backups, coordinating recoveries, including offsite disaster recovery
- Identifies IT infrastructure upgrade requirements and reviews operating procedures in keeping with best practices
- Develops reliable and effective networking and technology facilities
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots the nature and effects of software systems failures and networking problems
- Ensures that backup, redundancy and disaster recovery provisions are developed and implemented
- Develops strategies for the protection of data, servers and local drives
- Streamlines processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve accuracy and delivery of information
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent judgment, decision making and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Five (5) years of responsible professional Information Technology experience with database administration
- Experience in MCSA and COMPTIA Network+
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Agro-Investment Corporation, but regret to advise that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and contacted.