The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Information Technology Manager
Job SummaryThe Institute of Marine Affairs invites applications for the position of Information Technology Manager.
The successful candidate would be required to plan, organize and manage the development, operations and maintenance of the IT resources and infrastructure of the Institute.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate, implement and monitor the Institute's IT vision, policy, strategic plan and standards in alignment with overall IT best practices, organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage strategies to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Institute's information systems and when necessary, to ensure the restoration of such information systems.
- Analyse and recommend the most appropriate and cost effective solutions for the improvement of the IT/IS infrastructure, systems and processes to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Develop and review the annual work programmes and plan for the IT.
- Manage IT staff and service providers, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, training and evaluation of performance, based on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Prepare the annual operating budget for the IT department and monitor and approve expenditure within delegation of authority.
- Establish and regularly test and audit Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and processes.
- Ensure the preservation of the Institute's critical information assets and systems by the implementation of robust information security, disaster recovery and back up procedures.
The successful candidate must have:
- Undergraduate and post graduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer and Information Sciences, Management Information Systems or Information Systems Management.
- A minimum of five (5) years' relevant managerial experience.
- Training in Network Management, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity Planning and Data Man-agement.
- Extensive experience in project management tools and techniques.
Unsuitable applications would not be acknowledged.