The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Guyana National Bureau of Standards (GNBS) invites suitably qualified applicants to fill the position of Inspector Assistant within the Legal Metrology and Standard Compliance Department.
- Three (3) subjects CXC or GCE inclusive of English and Mathematics.
- A Sound Secondary Education
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in conducting all activities under the Weights and Measures and Standards Compliance programme, This includes inspections, surveillance, verification and investigation of consumer complaints.
- Assist in completing and maintaining records of activities on a daily basis.
- Assist in maintaining the Quality Management System and other standards of the Department by conducting activities in accordance with the ISO 17020 and 9001 procedure.
- Assist in maintaining the LMSCD laboratories in a tidy and organised manner at all times.
- Filing of documents in relation to the operation of the Department.
- Performing any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by any duly authorised persons.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively and think systematically.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Must be receptive to training.
- Ability to maintain calm and composure in difficult situations.
- Pays careful attention to details.