The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Guyana National Bureau of Standards (GNBS) invites suitably qualified applicants fill the position of Inspector I within the Legal Metrology and Standard Compliance Department.
- Ordinary Diploma in Science from the Technical Institute (TI). Preference would be given to applicants with working experience.
- Five (5) subjects GCE or CXC preferably science inclusive of English Language and Mathematics. Preference would be given to applicants with working experience. Must be computer literate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting all activities under the Weights and Measures and Standards Compliance programme, such as inspection, surveillance, verification and investigation of consumer complaints and initiate the necessary follow up actions.
- Provide feedbacks to the Chief Inspector, Senior Inspectors and Inspector 11 on matters affecting the work of the department and the general execution of activities.
- Completing and maintaining records of activities conducted daily.
- Maintaining the Quality Management System of the Department and other standard by conducting activities in accordance with the ISO 17020 and 9001 procedures.
- Accounting for revenue generated from the execution of activities in the field and all equipment, seals and physical standards issued by the GNBS for the purpose of executing the various activities of the department.
- Maintaining the LMSCD laboratories in a tidy and organised manner at all times.
- Performing any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief, Senior Inspector or Inspector 11 and any other duly authorised persons.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively and think systematically.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Must possess skills for reasoning and analysing (problem solving).
- Ability to translate decisions into appropriate actions.
- Must be receptive to training.
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and discretion and maintain calm and composure in difficult situations.
- Pays careful attention to detail.
- Must possess skills for reasoning and analyzing (problem solving).
VALUES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintains a proactive role as an agent of change.
- Pride in work and a quest for quality and excellence.
- Innovative, flexible and results oriented.
- Represents GNBS in a positive manner.
- Observes ethical and professional conduct.
- Supportive, collaborative and team oriented.
- Maintains high standards of quality and integrity
- Must be able to work on weekends, during the lunch intervals and out of Georgetown to ensure the efficient and effective execution of activities of the Work Programme.
- May be exposed to Industrial environment, Manufacturing Companies, Mills and Warehouse activities.