The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Instructor in Spanish
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Instructor in Spanish.
- The successful candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Spanish / Spanish as a Foreign Language
- Postgraduate Foreign Language Teacher Certification
- Teaching experience at the tertiary level
- Knowledge of recent foreign language teaching methodologies
- The appointee will be required to teach at the undergraduate level.
- S/he will be involved in the design of new courses and teaching materials and will collaborate with colleagues in teaching, administration, cultural and extra-curricular events organised by the Department, the Faculty and the Campus.
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills and must be student-centered. Candidates should have a good command (B1) of both oral and written English. Candidates must also have the:
- ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- capacity to work collaboratively toward common goals and meet very specific deadlines
- technological competencies particular to a web-enabled learning environment
There will be a screening exercise as part of the selection process. Strong consideration will be given to native speakers