The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Instrumentation & Controls Function Lead Engineer
Job SummaryWe are currently sourcing an Instrumentation & Controls Function Lead Engineer to join our team in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake responsibility for the overall technical, budget, schedule and resourcing responsibility for the discipline on a contract.
This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager/oversee (10) direct reports.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and procedures relevant to the role.
- Strong ability to conduct conceptual design of Instrument/Control including standard drawings and able to take ownership of all Instrument/Control design throughout the project
- Familiar with international codes and standards such as ISA, IEC, NFPA etc.
- Demonstrate the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Is a source for guidance on a majority of discipline applications.
- Develop discipline scopes of work, estimates and schedules.
- Knowledge and application of client specific standards.
- Discipline focal point for the contract.
- Assist the Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Produce solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value for both Wood Group and the client.
- Ensure operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Provide discipline input to procurement and construction activities.
- Conduct surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of scopes of work.
- Ensure discipline is represented at contract technical meetings, Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments, etc.
- Communicate with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Resource plan to maintain adequate staff levels considering short and long term requirements of the contract.
- Follow procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Check and approve discipline deliverables, discipline content of IDC prints and vendor documents for the contract.
- Deliver the contract discipline scope of work within man-hour budget.
- Maintain an overview of all discipline work for the contract by regular contact with Project Management.
- Liaise with the client discipline representative.
- Identify areas of concern during the course of any project to Project Management while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Preparing discipline CTR estimates for the contract.
- Providing input to project execution plans and schedules for the contract.
- Responsible for performance appraisals of discipline personnel working on the contract.
- Perform all other related job functions as required
- First Degree in Engineering (BSc, BEng)
- Second Degree (MSc, MBA) preferred
- Typically a minimum of 12 years relevant experience
- Membership of a professional body preferred
- Professional, chartered or registered engineering status preferred
- Skilled application of discipline software and tools
- Personnel management skills
- Experience in managing jobs/projects
Assessed competent as Lead Engineer by Wood Group Engineering Manager or delegate