The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Intensive Care Unit Nurse (RN)
Job SummaryIntensive Care Unit (ICU) RNs provide care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions.
The ideal candidates will perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patients' clinical status as well as set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, and pressure lines.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording patient vital signs
- Ensuring that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Providing education and support to patient families
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a Bsc. in Nursing from a recognized University
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in critical care
- Must have a valid Nursing License
- Must be able to work on flexible shift system, e.g. nights/weekends, etc.