The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Internal Audit Officer
Job SummaryAn excellent opportunity has arisen within the Internal Audit Unit for the post of Internal Audit Officer - Level 9.
The Audit Officer is responsible for providing an independent, objective assurance and consulting service designed to add value and improve the organization’s operation in the financial, operational, academic and information systems areas. This responsibility includes assisting the organization to achieve its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance procedures.
The preferred applicant will possess
- ACCA Level III or a CIA or equivalent qualifications (Masters Degree in Accounting/Finance/Management with Finance).
- Knowledge of the University of Technology, Jamaica Act, 1999, Charter, Statutes, ordinances, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Financial Administration and Audit Act.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and standards.
- Excellent reasoning abilities and good judgement.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in an internal auditing position.