The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Internal Auditor (FMG/AS4)
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Internal Auditor (FMG/AS4).
Reporting to the Regional Director, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Authority’s financial policies and procedures; reviewing existing systems, and recommending the establishment of proper financial systems and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc. Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Five (5) years experience in audit practice of which two (2) years should be at a senior level in the Government Service.
Specific Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of all aspects of general accounting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted audit standards
- Practical experience of EDP systems and their applications.
- Sound knowledge of the design and implementation of proper financial management and control systems.
- Sound knowledge of asset management and inventory control systems.
- Knowledge of modern financial management techniques.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing the operations of the Finance and Accounting Divisions, and the operational units of institutions within the Region, in accordance with the guidelines of the FAA Act.
- Assisting in the conduct of the annual audit reviews in respect of the external audit, and the MOH’s internal audit.
- Ensuring that control procedures as they relate to the integrity, control and timeliness at the Region’s operation are maintained.
- Ensure adequate policy and procedure support are in place to safeguard the Region’s assets.