The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
International Consultant Sexual and Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal, Infant and Adolescent
Job SummaryThe consultant will provide expertise in the implementation of project strategies related to Sexual and Reproductive Health , Maternal, neonatal, infant and adolescents throughout its duration.
The Consultant whose services have been retained to fulfill this mandate is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to:
- Ensure the development and operational implementation of project activities related to capacity building of sexual and reproductive health, maternal, neonatal, infant and adolescent health institutions.
- Support the development of annual project plans and reports for the relevant sections.
- To monitor the implementation of the activities in the sectors concerned and to monitor the results achieved in order to make proposals for readjustment if necessary.
- Ensure that all documents, strategies and activities developed within the scope of the project are in line with the vision, strategies and policies of PAHO / WHO.
- To serve as an interface with the MSPP in the operationalization of the strategies that concern it within the framework of the Project.
- Cooperate with technical bodies at PAHO / WHO headquarters for better coordination of efforts and implementation of strategies and policies developed by member countries.
- Participate in project coordination meetings and thereby contribute to reflections on the overall project and the achievement of results.
- Establish regular relations with project partners in the sectors concerned and regularly carry out monitoring and monitoring visits in the field.
- Performs any other tasks necessary for the fulfillment of its mandate and the achievement of project results
Education and Experience:
- A university degree in a field related to a health profession and a master's degree from a recognized university in public health, family health or any other related field.
- Nine years of national and international experience in program management in sexual and reproductive health and family health. At least five of these years should be in connection with strategic development, tools and standards.
- Experience in different cultural contexts, as in Haiti, is desirable.
- Recognized expertise in Sexual and Reproductive Health, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health programs and in the organization of primary health care systems with a perspective related to previous themes.
- Knowledge and experience of PAHO / WHO policies, rules and procedures.
- Good knowledge of the Haitian health system, its functioning and its actors.
- Good knowledge and understanding of clinical aspects and essential interventions to support the health of women, newborns, children and adolescents, especially in a specific cultural, social and economic context.
- Expertise in the formulation and development of tools for training, monitoring and evaluation of project strategies for women, newborn, child and adolescent health.
- Ability to work as a team and develop consensus
- Very good oral and written communication skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations and strategic documents.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in French. A knowledge of English and / or Spanish would be an asset.
- Computer skills and use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook. Other skills and knowledge in other software such as Visio and Project are considered an asset.
Duration: Initial contract of three months, renewable over a period determined according to the evaluation of the results achieved.
Location: The contract will be in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. It involves regular movement on the ground.