The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Internist at the Roy Schneider Hospital.
The essential responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Make diagnoses when different illnesses occur together or in situations where the diagnosis may be obscure.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Immunize patients to protect them from preventable diseases.
- Manage and treat common health problems, such as infections, influenza and pneumonia, as well as serious, chronic, and complex illnesses, in adolescents, adults, and the elderly.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.
- Prescribe or administer medication, therapy, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Provide and manage long-term, comprehensive medical care, including diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of diseases, for adult patients in an office or hospital.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Treat internal disorders, such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, and problems of the lung, brain, kidney, and gastrointestinal tract.
- Advise surgeon of a patient's risk status and recommend appropriate intervention to minimize risk.
- Conduct research to develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent or control disease or injury.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Operate on patients to remove, repair, or improve functioning of diseased or injured body parts and systems.
- Provide consulting services to other doctors caring for patients with special or difficult problems.
- Have completed an ACGME or AOA accredited residency training program in internal medicine.