The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Inventory Management Officer
Job SummaryQualified individuals are invited to submit applications for the position of Inventory Management Officer at the Jamaica Business Development Corporation.
The Inventory Management Officer is responsible for purchasing, inventory cycle management and quantitative analysis to ensure the efficient and effective supply, product mix, stock and distribution of inventory to achieve the profitability and sustainability of the Things Jamaican stores.
The essential duties to be performed include:
- Developing and implementing inventory management policies, procedures & key performance indicators to measure and ensure the effectiveness of the inventory management operations.
- Sourcing products, conducting product assessments, sampling/testing and selecting items to be sold.
- Ensuring product mix ratios maximize revenue and profitability of the stores; conducting price audits to ensuring competitiveness.
- Maintaining inventory at optimal levels with minimal holding costs, variances and shortages and implementing measures/processes to ensure inventory accuracy, cost containment, loss prevention and appropriate fill rates.
- Supervising and training warehouse staff.
- Conducting inventory audits and cycle counts, system generated random checks, physical inventories, and use of warehouse management and inventory systems.
- Preparing monthly stock reconciliations, inventory reports; identifying root causes of variances and recommending corrective actions.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- ACCA Level II or equivalent
- Certification in Inventory or Warehouse Management
- Supervisory Management training
- Knowledge and experience in Marketing would be an asset
- At least five (5) years’ experience in inventory management