The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Inventory Management Supervisor
Job SummaryG.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Inventory Management Supervisor, which exists within the Procurement & Inventory Accounting Department- Anna Regina, Essequibo.
Under the general direction of the Inventory Accounting Officer, the incumbent will be responsible, for the day-to-day management of the Stores and safekeeping of all materials etc held in the Stores.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
- Ensure that stocks received are in conformity with that on Purchase orders.
- Verify or insert item numbers on all Material Requisitions, Inter Stores Transfers and related documents.
- Ensure Requests for Purchase (RFP) are prepared to facilitate approved Stock Levels
- Identify obsolete stock for disposal/slow moving stock items.
- Verify the authenticity of Material Requisitions and related documents.
- Ensure that stocks are stored in proper locations/demarcated areas.
- Supervise the Stock Checking Programme
- Liaise with user Departments for information such as work plans.
- Ensure that the security and fire protection facilities are adequate for the security of stocks and premises.
- Ensure proper administration of stationery.
- Effectively train and supervise subordinates.
- Orient Staff.
- Be conversant with Public Utilities Undertaking, Occupational Safety and Health Act, and Electricity Sector Reform Act (ESRA).
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by a duly Authorised Officer.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Time Management – ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to give attention to details
- A Diploma in Management/Accountancy from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited Institution with at least three (3) years relevant experience. OR
- Five (5) subjects CSEC (Grades I- III) plus ACCA Level II with at least five (5) years relevant experience at a supervisory level.