The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAgro-Investment Corporation is seeking to identify highly motivated, qualified and dynamic individuals to fill the post of Investment Officer.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting potential investors in identifying and developing feasible agribusiness ideas and in preparing bankable project documents to take their projects to fruition.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares business plans, implementation plans and project proposals on behalf of approved investors, for submission to institutions that could provide loan, grant or venture capital funding.
- Prepares Concept Papers and Business Cases to generate stakeholder buy-in.
- Provides business counseling and investment advice to enable investors/investor entities to overcome obstacles in respect of their investment ventures.
- Conducts financial analyses to determine the financial standing of investors/investor entities and the profit potential of their proposed investment ventures.
- Establishes and helps maintain linkages and strategic alliances between investors and stakeholder agencies, and other service providers.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of investment projects to ensure that established targets are being met.
- High level of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent leadership, team building, networking and relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving and attention to detail skills
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in conducting financial analyses
- Sound knowledge of marketing
- Expert knowledge of Jamaica’s Agricultural Sector
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- A First Degree in Business Management, Agricultural
- Economics or equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in project and business planning proposal development
- Certification in Project Management is desirable.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Agro-Investment Corporation, but regret to advise that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and contacted.