The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
IT and Systems Administrator
Job SummaryThe IT and Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software, and related infrastructure.
The ideal candidate must have experience in implementing and administering a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment, as well as experience in supporting a LAN and WAN environment. CompTIA Network+, CCCNA and/or MS MCP certifications would be an asset.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in implementing and administering a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment (directory services, DNS, DHCP, group policy etc.)
- Experience supporting a Microsoft Office365 or Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of PC and server hardware.
- Experience in supporting a Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) environment.
- Strong knowledge of information security best practices and solutions.
- Sound knowledge of PBX and telephony solutions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good project management skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a Bsc. in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a related role
- Experience implementing and administering Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with PBX, VPN and cloud based solutions
- Strong knowledge of network security solutions and of PC and server hardware
- CompTIA Network+, CCCNA and or MS MCP certifications would be an asset
- Experience in network and systems design and implementation on a medium to large scale