The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
IT Local Support Technician
Job SummaryAssist the IT Team Leader on providing and maintaining a reliable and responsive IT environment in the IDB country office in Jamaica. Only nationals of Jamaica or those with a valid work permit for Jamaica at the time of application are eligible.
Only nationals of Jamaica or those with a valid work permit for Jamaica at the time of application are eligible
Assist the IT Team Leader (ITE/ITO) on providing and maintaining a reliable and responsive IT environment in the IDB country office in Jamaica. Such IT environment encompasses computers (servers, workstations and laptops), telecommunications, mobile devices, and office equipment (scanners, printers, copiers).
The IT support services include:
- User support: Comprising the required services to support local and international staff, contractors, and staff on mission in the use of computers, telecommunications, and office equipment. In addition, limited support to visitors using their own equipment inside the country office.
- Infrastructure administration: Comprising the required services to implement, manage and operate the internal network, telephone system, servers, computers, videoconference system, and external services. In addition, when applicable, building security systems.
- Information and training assistance: Comprising the required services to assist in the processing of data and information and coordinate IT training.
The Country Office (COF) IT Support assistant is a member of ITE based in the COF for the provision of IT Local Support services. He or she is a liaison between the COF and ITE for the provision of such services.
The services to be provided to the COF are classified for delivery purpose into two categories: regular and special. Regular services are the ones provided on ongoing basis and governed by this standard of service. Special services are provided on a project basis and are governed by addenda to this standard of service.
The regular services to be provided to the COF are:
- User Support: These services relate to the provision of IT support to local and international staff, contractors, and staff on mission in the COF.
- User Training Coordination: Identify IT training needs, Procure IT training courses and instructors (internal or external), Coordinate/schedule IT training courses, Deliver IT training sessions, Prepare training guides.
- User Technical Assistance: Provide assistance for the use of computers and portable devices (desktop, laptop, docking station, PDA, Apple, etc.), including installation, configuration, advice, and troubleshooting. Ensure that all user requests and incidents are properly entered and documented in the ITE Service Now system. Ensure that all COF incidents and work orders are properly logged in the Service Now system. Monitor all COF incidents and work orders through the Service Now and follow up with the appropriate teams and users on any outstanding tickets. Provide assistance for the use of office equipment (printers, scanners/senders, faxes, multifunctional, etc.), including installation, configuration, advice, and troubleshooting. Provide assistance for the use of presentation equipment in events (projector, laptop, audio, etc.), including installation, configuration, advice, and troubleshooting. Provide assistance for the use of video conference equipment (camera, microphone, remote control, Codec, etc.), including installation, configuration, advice, and troubleshooting. Provide assistance for the use of local applications (used specifically by the Country Office), including installation, configuration, testing, advice, and troubleshooting. Provide assistance for the use of corporate applications (used Bank-wide), including installation, configuration, testing, advice, and troubleshooting.
- Business/Operational Support: Relates to supporting the business by means of information and automation solutions.
- Information and Process Support: Assist in the Country of Communication Strategy (Twitter/ YouTube/Facebook). Assist in the maintenance of Intranet web site. Assist in the maintenance of managerial reports. Assist in the maintenance of Bank applications.
- IT Infrastructure Administration: Relates to the administration of the network, telephone system, servers, workstations, videoconference, external infrastructure services, etc.
- Deployment and Management: Assist the deployment of new infrastructure components. Assist in the local procurement of IT infrastructure components.
- Operations and Maintenance: Monitor availability and performance of infrastructure components. Perform backups of user and server data. Maintain inventory of infrastructure components. Implement Technical Notes (TN). Implement fixes and upgrades.
- Technical Support: Service infrastructure incidents. Investigate and resolve infrastructure problems within control. Obtain vendor support to resolve problems beyond control.
- Disaster Recovery Support: Update the disaster recovery Plan. Comply with disaster recovery plan. Test disaster recovery plan.
- Building Facilities Support: Assist in the remodeling of existing facilities. Assist in the move to new facilities. Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Security System. Establish and monitor power and cooling requirements for IT equipment.
- IT Governance and Supervision: Review Standard of Service with the COF. Prepare and submit periodic reports. Assist to periodic management meetings. Obtain feedback from the COF.
- Academic Degree/ Level & Years of Professional Work Experience: Technical studies or Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field. At least two years of experience including customer support activities.
- Languages: Fluency in English; working knowledge in Spanish is desirable.
- Areas of Expertise: IT infrastructure (videoconferencing, telecommunications, routers, switches, servers, virtual machines –VMWare) PC maintenance and network troubleshooting. Working knowledge of ITIL processes for incident, service request and knowledge management. ITIL certification is a plus. VMWare ESX environment, Windows 2012 server, Windows 10, 8.1, 7 clients, Office 365.
Characteristics of the Consultancy
- Consultancy category and modality: Temporary Term Contractual, Monthly.
- Contract duration: 12 months
- Place(s) of work: Country Office in Jamaica
- Responsible person: ITE/ITO Team Leader