The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Journal Officer (FMG/AT 1)
Job SummaryUnder the direct supervision of the Senior Final Accountant (FMG/PA 1), the Journal Officer (FMG/AT 1), is responsible for the preparation and inserting of journal vouchers on the Financial Management Information System.
- Prepares journal vouchers according to the correct code classification;
- Inserts journal vouchers in FINMAN System;
- Enters summary information from journal vouchers into memorandum register;
- Files journal vouchers sequentially;
- Cross references journal vouchers by recording journal voucher number and date on relevant payment vouchers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good customer relations skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of the stipulations of the Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act, Regulations and Instructions
- Working knowledge of the Government Accounting, Policies and Procedures
- Competence in the use of spreadsheets and computerized accounting systems
- Proficiency in the relevant computer applications
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- AAT Level 1 or;
- ACCA-CAT Level 1 or;
- Certificate in Public Administration, UWI or;
- Certificate in Management Studies, UWI or;
- Diploma in Business Administration from a Community College or;
- Certificate in Accounting from a recognized University or;
- Certificate in Government Accounting ie. Level 1 Modules 1-5 or;
- Completion of first year in Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting/Management Studies or BBA at a recognized University or;
- Completion of first year of Associate of Science Degree in Accounting, MIND.
Salary range $682,079 - $810,778 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.