The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryTo ensure that the financial statements of the Company are prepared in an accurate and timely manner, according to IAS, and to ensure that the Company’s assets are safe-guarded by adhering to the appropriately established procedures and policies.
- Prepare financial statements for the company.
- Ensures that transactions are accounted for in accordance with IAS.
- Ensure that all reconciliations are done on a timely basis to prevent misstatements and alleviate the potential of fraud.
- Determines the methodology/strategy to account for transactions and the priority given to various tasks.
- Assesses systems and procedures as needed to provide recommendations and implement of process improvements.
- Liaise with Auditor as needed to obtain certification; and to select Accounting Systems.
- Directs and oversees the work responsibilities of subordinate staff.
- Extensive knowledge of IAS/IFRS.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and the purpose of all Accounts on the chart of accounts.
- Extensive knowledge of the QuickBooks system.
- CAT Completed
- ACCA accreditation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance would be considered an asset.
- At least three (3) years’ experience supervising the accounting functions in a finance department.
- Experience in the retail industry not necessary but would be an asset.
- Experience using an integrated accounting software is considered an asset.