The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Junior Sous Chef
Job SummaryGrand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Junior Sous Chef.
Please note that at this time we are looking for Caymanian or RERC holders only
The applicant must have at least 8 years of experience in the culinary field including 5 years in a Supervisory position working in a high volume upscale environment. The successful candidate is responsible for providing technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Chef and ensuring effective kitchen operations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared.
- Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items.
- Prepare special meals or substitute items.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks.
- Provide cooks with needed items.
- Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food.
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program and food products.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Successful candidates must be able to effectively supervise and train subordinates, participate in operation of the kitchen, work independently and resolve work issues.
- Must also be able to prepare written reports and to communicate effectively.
- A culinary degree is required for this position.
- The candidate will be taking care of scheduling workforce according to the business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.