The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAn opportunity exists for a highly motivated and suitably qualified Laboratory Analyst to join Laboratory team at Jamalco.
Under the direction of the Team Coordinator, your duties will include:
- Collecting representative samples from designated sample points in the Production departments and preparing for analysis;
- Producing accurate, timely and reliable analytical data necessary to support Production, Technical and Mining departments in order to achieve critical decision making;
- Supporting the JBS and Quality Management Systems by updating statistical parameters under his/her charge and reporting non-conforming data to affected departments to drive improvement/correction to abnormal process conditions in a timely manner;
- Saving samples of residues and product alumina for analysis by the refinery and external laboratories;
- Maintaining sample collection equipment and work area and performing duties according to established environmental, health, safety and housekeeping standards;
- Providing accurate data entry and maintenance of Laboratory Information Management System and approved data under his/her charge.
Qualifications & Experience
The incumbent shall possess the following minimum requirements:
- An Associate degree or Diploma in Chemical Technology OR equivalent;
- At least two (2) years experience in a Bayer Process laboratory environment;
- Experience working with computer controlled laboratory equipment;
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools would be an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.