The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAn opportunity has arisen for experienced and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Laboratory Assistant to join the Laboratory team at Jamalco.
Under the direction of the Team Coordinator or Process Chemist, this position is accountable for:
- Collecting/receiving representative samples from designated sample points in process/mining areas and preparing them for analysis;
- Producing accurate, timely and reliable analytical data necessary to support quality production in the process and mining areas;
- Performing duties according to standard operating procedures to support the objective of being a total quality supplier and to maintain ISO 9001:2008 certification;
- Maintaining sample collection equipment and work area and performing duties according to established environmental, health, safety and housekeeping standards; and
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices and safety standards in assigned area.
Qualifications & Experience
To qualify you must have the following:
- High school education, with at least five passes (including English, Mathematics and a science subject)
in the G.C.E. O’ Level or CSEC examinations;
- At least one year experience in a Bayer process environment; and
- Previous experience in a laboratory environment.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.