The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Laboratory Team Coordinator
Job SummaryWe are seeking experienced and suitably qualified Team Coordinators to join our Laboratory team at Jamalco, Halse Hall, Clarendon.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, this position is accountable for:
- Providing supervision and team-building leadership skills necessary for the safe, efficient, accurate and reliable chemical analyses required for supporting quality production;
- Maintaining and calibrating specified laboratory equipment and ensuring that they are in control and capable and that they satisfy the required standards for accuracy and precision;
- Ensuring that analytical results are obtained in adherence to appropriate quality assurance measures;
- Ensuring that standard work instructions and procedures for equipment operation and statistical process techniques are adhered to.
Qualification and Experience
To qualify you must have the following:
- Associate Degree or Diploma in a Chemical/Laboratory Technician course from a recognized tertiary Institution.
- At least five (5) years experience in a Bayer process laboratory environment.
- At least six (6) passes (including English, Mathematics, and Chemistry) at the G.C.E. O’ Level or C.X.C. levels, or “A” Level/CAPE passes in Mathematics or Chemistry.
- At least ten (10) years experience in a Bayer process laboratory environment.
- Experience working with computer controlled laboratory equipment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in the use of computers.
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools would be an advantage.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.