The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryWe are looking for a Laundry Supervisor with minimum one year experience in the same position to join our Laundry department.
Duties & Requirements:
- The successful applicant must have knowledge of using laundry chemicals, identifying stained or damages items and determine status for repair, spot treatments, rewash or discard.
- The candidate must have the ability to inspect linens and terry for damage and remove from circulation as necessary.
- They will be responsible for conducting monthly inventory of laundry supplies in order to maintain necessary supply levels.
- The chosen candidate will have strong verbal communication skills and will have worked in a high volume laundry setting previously.
- A high attention to detail and proactive attitude are also needed.
- The candidate must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and must be flexible and able to work shifts on weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
- Will be the leader of the laundry department, driving laundry productivity, motivating the team to spot clean laundry, manage hotel laundry inventory and correct usage, train team in correct laundry processes, monitoring chemical levels, daily monitoring and reporting of laundry equipment, reporting to the Housekeeping Manager.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.