The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lead Designer Engineer
Job SummaryEaton Corporation located in Haina, Dominican Republic has an opening for a Lead Designer Engineer.
- Designs can be static or dynamic, including but not limited to designing components, assemblies and structures containing components. Design output would include but not limited to modeling conceptual ideas, creating patent drawings, part drawings, part lists, assembly drawings, manufacturing instruction drawings or drawings for instruction books.
- Prepares drawings with provided instructions defined by project team. Produces design layouts and documentation for the construction and testing of prototype models and evaluates designs for fits, tolerance stack, volume, etc., using CAD tools
- Create and interpret drawings and layout of raw materials, parts, assemblies, schematics, wiring diagrams, publications and specifications set by the manager of the area under the guidance of Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Prepare tables, curves, tables and drawings. Update changes and additions to existing drawings and diagrams.
- Realize changes and additions for existing drawings and diagrams, according to requirements.
- Execute the design activities with high technical skills and independent trial.
- Ensure that all designs and materials are correct.
- Use software and tools to their full capacity.
- Accomplish other instructions assigned by manager
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Associate Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Drafting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years (or more) experience in engineered drafting work involving CAD tools.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Ability to apply or exercise corporate standards related to mechanical or electrical drafting.
- Computer knowledge: MS Office Applications, Freehand, AutoCAD, Pro/E and Power PCB.
- Special knowledge: Fair knowledge of Eaton Electrical products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, KEMA, IEC, CE, NEC, and DEMKO.
- Competencies: Builds Organizational Capability, Thinks and Acts Strategically, Gets Results.