The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Church of God, St. Pauls is seeking to fill the position of Lead Pastor.
COGSP is a bible believing, evangelical church, located in St. Pauls, St. Kitts. We are of the Church of God denomination, with a rich heritage of ministry, striving to be relevant across generations with the timeless message of God’s Word. Below is a profile of this position and the man we believe God will call to Church of God, St. Pauls.
2. Main duties:
A. Preaching Ministry
- primary and leading preacher in our Sunday services
- per the spiritual needs of Church of God, St. Pauls, in collaboration with elders and pastors
- Biblical – Relevant – Applicable – Engaging
B. Family Ministry: young adults (singles and married) to families with children at home:
- Loving and caring; teaching
- Reaching out; expanding
- Programming” and events
C. Shepherd of the church
- Serves on board of elders
- Develop and assist with the assignment of church staff.
- Leader on/of the staff
- Bible based study sessions on Wednesday evenings or any other assigned night.
- Bible based seminars on topics relevant to the church and personal and spiritual development.
3. Personal profile (these not necessarily in concrete):
B. Family: married (preferably)
C. Education: Bible college or Seminary degree, or Trained
D. Experience: min. 5 years relevant ministry experience
E. Character qualities / skills (in no particular order):
- leads his family well; healthy “balance” of ministry and personal/family
- loves people; can engage the generations; goes into the community
- humble but confident; thoughtful and accepts criticism/accountability
- positive/joyful attitude, and good sense of humour
- well-respected; high integrity
- aligned with us theologically
- gifted teacher (biblical, with emphasis on relevance and application)
- strong thinker and communicator
- strong servant-leadership qualities
- great team player with staff and leadership