The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lecturer - Dean's Office: Faculty of Social Sciences
Job SummaryApplications are invited for suitably qualified persons for the post of Part-Time Lecturer - Dean's Office: Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Provide assistance to academic staff with the preparation of course materials.
- Conduct lecture sessions in the subject area assigned.
- Contribute to the setting of examination papers.
- Assist with the marking of scripts for examinations (mid-term/finals).
- Candidate may be required to participate in Faculty activities.
The successful candidate must possess a minimum qualification of a B.Sc. Degree in one of the following disciplines:
- LLB & LEC
Candidates holding a B.Sc. Degree with a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or above and good academic standing or candidates holding an Masters in Business Administration will be preferred.
- Candidate must have at least 5 years teaching experience at the tertiary level.
The Faculty places high priority on individuals who are knowledgeable in the related field/discipline and can work well in a team environment. Candidate should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of English and is essential. Candidate must:
- Be able to work in groups, coordinate activities and meet deadlines.
- Be computer literate.
- Have good leadership and management skills.