The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lecturer (GMG/SEG 1) – Justice Training Institute
Job SummaryUnder the general direction of the Programme Co-ordinator, the Lecturer (GMG/SEG 1) is responsible for instructing and evaluating students’ performance in Court Reporting/CAT Real Time and undertaking associated administrative duties.
- Prepares and delivers training sessions as timetabled, developing and utilizing appropriate instructional materials, techniques, teaching/learning strategies and approaches to enhance students’ competencies in court reporting;
- Prepares and administers internal tests/examinations, maintains records of students’ achievement and submits reports;
- Prepares marking scheme for examinations;
- Prepares instructional and assessment material for special programmes;
- Maintains adequate supply of training materials and ensure timely requisition of equipment. Ensures equipment is properly used and returned in good condition;
- Supervises/evaluates students on teaching practice and practicum;
- Assists with the counselling and mentoring of students and provide guidance and assistance to them as required;
- Assists with reviewing and planning new programmes for the institution;
- Maintains record of students’ attendance and grades and ensure the integrity of confidential data;
- Marks and grades tests and examinations;
- Manages classroom environment.
- Participates in special groups/committees;
- Conducts research activities for personal development;
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to compose and edit written material
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in technical specialist area and teaching methodologies
- Working knowledge of the institution’s programmes and operations
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in area of specialization or equivalent qualification;
- Three (3) years’ experience in a training environment;
- Court Reporting Training.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.