The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lecturer in Accounting
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Lecturer in Accounting.
The successful candidate must possess a Postgraduate qualification in Accounting, preferably at the PhD level, from a recognized University. Professional qualification in Accounting highly desirable.
Considerable experience in teaching at the University level and/or in the practice of Accounting at a senior level in industry or in an Accounting environment.
Special Expertise/Area of Concentration
Financial Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Accounting Information Systems and Management Accounting. Ability to teach in any other Management discipline would be an asset.
- Teaching, Research and Curriculum Developments in the field of Accounting, Auditing & Taxation.
- Supervision of post-graduate students.
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills and must be student-centered. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also have the:
- ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- willingness to develop a research agenda
- ability to be a team player and be student-centered