The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lecturer in Literatures in English
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Lecturer in Literatures in English.
Qualification and Experience
- Doctorate (PhD) in Literatures in English or a closely related discipline
- Significant experience teaching Literatures in English at the tertiary level, inclusive of postgraduate courses;
- Substantial, well-defined research agenda and publication profile in Literatures in English, or evidence of strong research potential;
- Supervisory experience of Master’s and Doctoral students is desirable
Special Expertise /Focus
Post 1: We welcome applications from candidates whose research focuses on Shakespeare, as well as Renaissance, Romantic, or Victorian literature. A scholarly background in poetry in any of these periods is particularly desirable.
Post 2: We welcome applications from candidates whose research focuses on major currents and authors in the 20th century literature of the English-speaking Caribbean. Applicants who are competent in teaching courses on oral traditions in the Caribbean or in creative writing, in addition to Caribbean literature, are particularly desirable.
The Literatures in English programme promotes interdisciplinary research and teaching, and experience in, or openness to, interdisciplinary approaches is highly desirable.
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of English is essential.
Candidates must also:
- Possess a flexible and committed disposition to all work-related tasks
- Possess excellent time management skills and the ability meet tight deadlines
- Be computer literate and able to use information technology tools
- Be willing to collaborate with colleagues in teaching, administration and research endeavors
- Be Student focused and centered