The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lecturer in Sociology
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Lecturer in Sociology.
PhD in Sociology from a recognized University. Professional qualification in Sociology or related discipline is highly desirable.
Considerable experience in teaching at the University level and/or in the practice of Sociology at a senior level in industry or in a Sociological environment. Other desirable experience include:
- A Strong publication record and published peer-reviewed research
- Previous graduate supervision experience
- Success and recognition of professional activities
Special Expertise / Area of Concentration
Ability to teach Research Design and any four (4) or more of the following areas: Health Sociology, Statistics, Qualitative Research Methods, Political Sociology, Industrial Sociology.
Knowledge of Caribbean Sociology is desirable.
- Teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Supervision of post-graduate students
- Involvement in University life (administration, conference organization and committees) and community outreach
- Ability to seek external research funding
- Contribute to curriculum development
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills and must be student-centered. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also have the:
- ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- willingness to develop a research agenda
- ability to be a team player