The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Liaison Officer (SERP)
Job SummaryThe SERP Liaison Officer is responsible for the coordination of communication between the central SERP unit and the Ministries Departments or Agencies
SPECIAL EARLY RETIREMENT PROGRAMME
As part of the process of pension reform, new Pension Legislation is now before Parliament for approval which will inter alia make provisions for pension contributions to be made by all central government employees and will change the basis on which pensions are calculated. To this end, an early retirement project for Central Government Employees within the age range 50 – 59 is being contemplated. This project is owned by the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service and is being supported by the Public Sector Transformation Programme.
The project will have three main components focused on delivering specific and targeted services over a 12-month timeframe.
OBJECTIVE OF ASSIGNMENT
The SERP Liaison Officer is responsible for the coordination of communication between the central SERP unit and the Ministries Departments or Agencies and the resolution of issues arising from the applications for participation in the programme and to generally ensure that the relationship is as beneficial as possible.
SCOPE OF WORK
In order to achieve the stated objectives of the assignment the individual will be required to:
To provide quality service to internal and external customers.
- Performs Customer Service duties by retrieval and dissemination of information through the Automated Pension System.
- Responding to requests for the status of all applications for the SERP on a regular basis Responding to enquiries or complaints by telephone or other media by providing information, and advice.
- Recommends actions to ensure there are no bottlenecks in the prcessing of SERP applicants and do follow-up as necessary.
To understand the various Pensions Acts and Regulations, Policies and Procedures of SERP in order to facilitate expeditious processing of payments under SERP.
- Interprets the SERP Process for staff and applicants.
- Maintains information of the various Pension Acts and any amendments.
- Maintains information on salary regrading and revisions to advise Officers in Ministries/Departments.
To obtain information requested for processing of retiring benefits.
- Liaises with Ministries, Departments and Statutory bodies to expedite the responses to pension enquires and the preparation and submission of pension particulars.
- Liaises with Accountant General Department re: delay in payment of benefits
- Provides information to Officers in the Computations and other related Units on outstanding data for Pension cases.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CONSULTANCY
- Level of effort: Full time level of effort (FTE) of nine (9) months
- Duration of contract: The Consultancy will begin in November 2017
- Location: Jamaica
- Type of Consultancy: Individual consultant
- Type of contract: Lump-Sum
The work will be carried out in Jamaica and be housed within the MOFPS, Kingston Jamaica offices, as well as administrative support, and any other assistance as may be reasonably required to undertake the duties identified in this TOR.
The Consultant must be able to participate in project activities during business hours, as well as non-business hours on a regular basis as the position demands.
- Certificate/Diploma in Public Administration or Management Studies or a related field.
- Diploma in Public Administration or Management Studies or other related field.
- General knowledge in respect to the HR practices in the Public Sector.
- Two (2) years’ experience in Pensions Administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to liaise with people from diverse socio/cultural background.