The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Life Insurance Underwriter/Specialist
Job SummaryAs a member of the Underwriting team, you will work with a variety of internal partners to ensure prompt and efficient service to our clients, achieve departmental goals and service standards.
- The Life Insurance Underwriter will evaluate applications for individual insurance policies and accept or decline the risk based upon analysis of medical history, prescription drug history, occupational hazards, financial background, insurable interest, or other information pertinent to the decision.
- The role will participate in ongoing training to continue to develop skills and knowledge with risk assessment, medical concepts and terminology, customer service and business systems and processes
- Analyze information in insurance applications
- Determine the risk of insuring a client
- Screen applicants based on set criteria
- Evaluate recommendations from underwriting software
- Contact field representatives, medical personnel, and others to obtain further information
- Decide whether to offer insurance
- Determine appropriate premiums and amounts of coverage
- Be the main link between an insurance company and an insurance agent.
- Analyze the risk factors on an application.
- Achieve a balance between risky and cautious decisions.
- Specialize in individual life or medical underwriting.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Excellent knowledge of underwriting manuals.