The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAgro-Investment Corporation is seeking to identify highly motivated, qualified and dynamic individuals to fill the post of Maintenance Technician.
Reporting to the Property and Fixed Assets Manager, the incumbent has the responsibility to implement, upgrade, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install equipment and control systems. The incumbent will report any electrical or mechanical faults promptly and recommends corrective measures and accordingly.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains facility equipment according to the safety standards which comply with all Government guidelines
- Ensures the servicing and maintenance of chill rooms including condensing units, electrical control panels and evaporators
- Conducts maintenance and inspection of the standby generator
- Conducts servicing and maintenance of the electrical lighting and fixtures, electrical power equipment and appliances, air conditioning units/systems, and refrigerated containers according to instruction from senior officers and equipment service manual
- Ensures structural repairs, alterations, or improvement work performed as needed and in accordance with the Building Code of Jamaica
- Alerts the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur
- Maintains a 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform minor plumbing, painting, and carpentry job
- Basic welding practices and techniques
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings
- Contract administration and building codes
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Diploma/Certificate related to the skilled area
- 2-3 years electrical maintenance experience
- Experience in the operation of refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment
Applicants must drive a reliable motor vehicle
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Agro-Investment Corporation, but regret to advise that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and contacted.