The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Management Accountant/ Financial Controller
Job SummaryThe Students’ Loan Bureau invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Management Accountant/ Financial Controller.
Summary of Responsibilities
This position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing the Bureau’s financial operations and planning, guiding the financial reporting process and maintaining appropriate internal controls. It also ensures efficient utilization of finance and accounting resources within the daily operations, and aligning those activities with the Bureau’s business strategy with the objective of delivering desirable financial results.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACCA or CPA designation or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience in accounting, finance or auditing, three (3) of which should be at a managerial level.
Specific Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of:
- IFRS and GOJ’s accounting standards, principles, practices, procedures and techniques.
- Local financial and economic environment
- Investment techniques and the relevant markets
- GOJ procurement regulations and practices.
- The Bureau’s policies, regulations and practices relating to finance and accounting
We thank all applicants for their expressions of interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.