The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager – Application Maintenance & Support
Job SummaryThe incumbent provides technical management, coordination, and supervision for the application maintenance and support teams inthe delivery of application and services solutions and in the efficient use of development tools and methodologies.
The incumbent’s responsibility includes:
- Managing complex tasks requiring specialist knowledge and/or experience.
- Identifying and evaluating new techniques and tools for development and maintenance of software.
- Developing and executing work plans for assigned engagements.
- Supervising and controlling support activities and identifying and addressing issues, which affect the efficient running of the department.
- Managing the technical performance and quality of work produced by team members directly under his/her supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Preferred 3 years technical management experience in a similar or related capacity
- 5 years hands-on experience in the provision of technical design and development of at least three major information systems.
- Leadership Skills
- ITIL exposure
The candidate possessing the following will have a distinct advantage:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical/logical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good Project Management skills
- Very good planning and organizational skills
- Very good team-building skills
- Very good leadership and coaching skills
- Very good technical planning skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage medium levels of technical complexities
- Ability to simultaneously deal with a range of demands
- Familiarity with Agile Development and Testing