The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Band Planning
Job SummaryThe Spectrum Management Authority (SMA) is seeking to identify a highly motivated, dynamic individual to fill the post of Manager, Band Planning.
The Manager, Band Planning plans and coordinates the use of the spectrum involving the identification of suitable space for all radio services in Jamaica in accordance with international regulations, to facilitate the organization achieving its vision, mission and goals. Principal duties include:
- Developing, maintaining and using National Table of Frequency Allocation.
- Ensuring the availability of appropriate Radio Frequency Spectrum while taking technical options of innovation into account.
- Ensuring that spectrum is available to facilitate technological innovations in wireless communication being brought to market in harmony with other existing services.
- Coordinating international band allocation with regional and international organizations (ITU, CITEL, CTU etc.) for the introduction of new technologies.
- Maintaining and updating the records of spectrum planning and use in Jamaica on the basis of the National Frequency Allocation Plan (NFAP) and current band plans, allotments, regulations and standards, such as those of the ITU.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Training in supervisory management.
- Understanding of the Jamaican wireless communication environment.
- Knowledge of international legislation and regulations, specifically international agreements relevant to spectrum management in Jamaica.
- A high level of proficiency in the use of computer applications, including automated spectrum management software.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in frequency planning and coordination, two of which should be at a senior level.
- Experience in the use of specialized equipment such as spectrum analyzers, direction finding processors and remote sensing devices.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in our company, but advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.