The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Engineering Institute
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Manager, Engineering Institute.
Qualification and Experience
The successful candidate must possess a BSc in an Engineering Discipline and Postgraduate training in Management. A PhD is desirable but not mandatory.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in academic administration in Engineering at the tertiary level.
- Considerable experience in coordinating and managing consultancy projects.
- Considerable experience in delivery and coordination of short courses, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Experience in entrepreneurial projects/activities would be an asset.
- Experience in teaching and research would be an asset.
- Familiarity with UWI business processes would be an asset.
The Institute’s work involves coordinating consultancy projects, short courses, seminars, workshops and conferences and assisting in the Faculty’s outreach activities. The Manager of the Engineering Institute has full responsibility to manage and administer the functions and activities of the Engineering Institute. Administering self-funded Faculty-based programmes (Project Management, Engineering Asset Management and Summer School). Soliciting suitable projects and negotiating with prospective consultants and facilitators. Formulating, reviewing and executing contracts for consultancies, postgraduate courses, Summer School, short courses etc. Marketing the Institute and coordinating requests for services from the industrial sector. Developing and coordinating the income generation capability of the Faculty through innovative and entrepreneurial activities. Engaging in team work with colleagues in the areas of research, innovation, entrepreneurship and consultancies.
The Faculty places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment and must be able to relate to a range of publics that includes fellow employees and external stakeholders such as maintenance contractors and suppliers. Candidates should therefore possess effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
In addition, Candidates must also:
- Possess integrity, leadership and management skills, ability to work in teams,
- Have excellent literary and communication skills, and be student centered.
- Be creative, innovative and visionary