The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager Finance and Accounts
Job SummaryThe Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (the Authority) invites applications from dynamic, forward-thinking individuals for the position of Manager Finance and Accounts.
To manage the accounting function of the Authority and implement and monitor financial rules as outlined in the Telecommunications Act Chap. 47:31
Key duties and responsibilities
- Implement and monitor the Authority’s financial rules, processes and procedures, including related forms and other documentation.
- Prepare annual recurrent estimates and annual capital programme estimates in conjunction with other divisions and in accordance with the established timetables, as well as prepare progress reports for agreed programmes as required.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly statements of actual expenditure and ensure submission to the Ministry of Finance in accordance with the appropriate timetable, and ensure the accurate and timely preparation of monthly cash flow statements and budget variance reports.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements for the review of Management, the Board of Directors and where required, the line Minister.
- Close the Authority’s accounts and prepare financial statements in accordance with an agreed timetable, in line with the financial year-end, and deadlines established in the Telecommunications Act Chap. 47:31.
- Manage and account for the Authority’s Fixed Assets.
- Ensure appropriate account reconciliations are being completed on a monthly basis.
- Manage the Authority’s banking arrangements ensuring that bank reconciliation statements are produced on a monthly basis and within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure adequate arrangements are in place to collect and account for all the Authority’s revenue from licensees and concessionaires.
- Develop and implement revenue collection and debt collection systems.
- Ensure as far as possible that the Authority’s cash is managed with adequate safeguards to protect from fraud and misuse.
- Work with the Authority’s Internal Audit Department, and external auditors including auditors from state agencies and the Auditor General’s Department to ensure the assets and accounts of the organization are properly managed.
- Participate in the Authority’s tendering process in accordance with the Authority’s Tender Rules.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Finance & Accounts department in consultation with the Division Head and provide advice, guidance, coaching and on the job training for staff as required.
- Ensure a safe and harmonious work environment by treating with staff issues and resource requirements in a consistent and timely manner in accordance with the Authority’s policies and procedures.
- Set performance objectives, monitor goal attainment and conduct staff performance appraisals in accordance with the Authority’s performance management system.
- Perform other related duties as required by job function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional Accountancy Qualification – Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent.
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related area would be an asset.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in accounting at a managerial level or equivalent, of which a minimum of three (3) years includes supervising professional and/or accounting staff.
- Experience in a telecommunications and public sector environment would be an asset.
Professional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of:
- Computerized accounting systems.
- Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Budgeting process.
- Skills & Abilities
- Ability to set up and maintain a Chart of Accounts.
- Ability to do Financial Modelling and Forecasting.
- Skills in arrears management and experience in managing revenue collection and bad debt.
- Ability to work collaboratively with external agencies.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Strong leadership, managerial and team development capabilities.